The BT51 Low Resistance Ohmmeter makes measurements by passing a current through the conductor under test and also monitoring the voltage across it. The test current is limited by a simple current limiting circuit and is measured by monitoring the voltage across a resistor. The test current is maintained at a nominal 2 A, and as the measurement is ratiometric, the reading is unaffected by any current variations.
Operation of the instrument is simple, there being only one range switch to set. Power is supplied by internal rechargeable cells and the charger unit is incorporated into the case. The instrument is built into a robust, portable case that is weatherproof and shockproof and has a hinged, detachable lid.
A 120V version also available (Megger BT51/120).
Megger BT51 Low Resistance Ohmmeter Features
- High test current.
- Four terminal measurement.
- Two measuring ranges (2000 mΩ and 20,00 mΩ).
- Maximum resolution of 0.01 mΩ.
- Protected against inadvertent connection to the mains supply.
- Power Supply: 4 Ah capacity NiCad rechargeable cells with internal charging unit.
- Display: 31/2 digit LED display.
- Dimensions: 245 H x 344 W x 158 D mm.
- Weight: 4.5kg (10lb approx.).
- Megger BT51 Warranty: 2 year.